10 things to know about the Grand Hôtel-Dieu de Lyon project
1. The largest private conversion project of a historic monument in France: the Grand Hôtel-Dieu project in Lyon covers an area of 51,500 m² to be rehabilitated or created, even within listed buildings.
2. 250 million euros: this is the amount invested to rehabilitate the Hôtel-Dieu imagined originally by Jacques-Germain Soufflot.
3. 1 400: it is the number of carpentry pieces that are renovated or recreated identically, while integrating the levels of acoustic and thermal protection of today.
4. 25: this is the number of signs that will settle in total on 17 100 m² of shops and restaurants. Among those announced: a very upscale hairdresser “Alexandre de Paris”, the king of calisson d’Aix, but also nougat “Le Roy René”, “Craftsman of the truffle”, a Parisian brand which will be the first shop in the region, “Blanc Cherry”, which will also open the Grand Hôtel-Dieu its first store in the region, which offers rather upscale linens …
5. 13,600 sqm of high-end offices: this prestigious address will offer atypical offices, some of which are installed in the attic with an impressive ceiling height. Among the expected companies: PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers), Axpo, CACE, Expert & Finance, HR Team, as well as KBL Richelieu.
6. The 5-star Intercontinental Hotel will be inaugurated at the end of 2018 and will have 143 rooms. The main entrance will be under the large dome facing the Rhone.
7. The 2,500 m² Convention Center: in the city center, it will be a privileged place for the organization of congresses and seminars of international dimension. The large multipurpose room can accommodate up to 500 people and will be completed by ten rooms of 40 m² to 50 m².
8. The International City of Gastronomy: over 3,600 m², it will honor the flavors, tastes, arts and pleasures of the table. It will have an exhibition hall and will offer training workshops and cooking classes. It is part of the Grand Hôtel-Dieu’s Taste Route, which is linked to the food and tableware trades, breweries and restaurants.
9. Living in the Grand Hôtel-Dieu: 800 m² of the Grand Hôtel-Dieu de Lyon are devoted to housing: 12 units under French ceilings, studio to T5, on 800 m², with cellars and cellars.
10. Friday, April 27, 2018: this is the date of inauguration of the shops and restaurants, but also the launch of an inaugural festival that will last two months until June 21. This festival will include many events such as concerts, shows, various performances, workshops and animations. After more than 4 years of work, the general public will rediscover these spaces as well as gardens, courtyards, corridors, which extend over 8000 m² and which invite to the walk and the discovery.
Article : Aderly